Thursday

The burgalary


They say (whoever they may be) that people usually write out of experience...just the
same with me. Sunday evening I was standing in front of an open gate and an open front door. Now this is not open door that the Lord gave me, but one forced open by thieves.

I always wondered if I would turn to Jesus in times of crisis. Well this was a time to prove what was on the inside of me. From the time we heard the news we started praying in tongues and thanking God for His goodness. The world would call us a peculiar people.

Jesus' words become a reality for me as he says:"Stop storing up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. Instead, store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust don't destroy and thieves don't break in and steal. Your heart will be where your treasure is."

Even though we may feel sad about things that have sentimental value, we realise that treasures is in doing the will of our Father not in worrying about material things and taking revenge. For the Bible  says: Don't take revenge, dear friends. Instead, let God's anger take care of it. After all, Scripture says, "I alone have the right to take revenge. I will pay back, says the Lord."

Have you experienced theft and how did it affect you?

Mat 6:19-21 Rom 12:19   

No comments:

Post a Comment