Tuesday

How can I Keep going?


With so much going on social media, my mind is almost constantly preoccupied with things. Mostly things of this world.
The thoughts mixed with fear, makes it hard to focus on what God is saying. Being this hyper –connected, makes it hard to connect to God.
And that is the secret right there.  Being connected to God, according to Isaiah lays our strength. Our ability to keep going. The Psalmist says as he waits for God, his whole being waits and in God’s word is his hope.
We need to set aside a time to turn off all forms of social media so that we can spend time praying, worshiping and reading scripture, and waiting on the Lord. The more you practice the better you will become.

Prayer: Holy Spirit help me to wait in God’s presence.  To set aside my phone and the things of this world so that I can hear you speak.

Isaiah 40:30,31    Psalm 130:5-8

1 comment: