Thursday

God's will - my prayers

Sometimes when I pray about something, and it don’t come to past when I think it should come to pass- I start wondering if I did something wrong. Have I missed God’s will?
Do you think that things go wrong in your life because you are out of God’s will?

What is God’s will and where can it be found?

·         God’s will for you is laid out in his WORD.

Have you ever seen in front (before the chapters start) it says “Old Testament”, “New Testament”? A testament is a ‘will. So God’s will is no secret, no mystery.
God made it plain.


The Hebrew writer says it like this:
Then He (JESUS) said, "Lo, I come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first so that He may
establish the second.
By this will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:9, 10 
·         This is what happened – Jesus took away the first, the ‘old’ Testament and establish the second, the ‘new’ testament (so be sure to focus on the new one!).
It’s also good to remember that your testament focus on what you did for your loved ones and not what they need to do for you. It’s the same with Jesus’ testament – it focuses on what He did for you and NOT what you need to do for Him.
·         So read His will for you and rest in Him.

Do you think we can find God’s will for our day-to-day life in the Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment