Monday

Promises of God

God’s word is full of promises.
One of these promises is that God is not a man that He would lie to us.
So we can take his promises as the truth! He will do what He says.
Recently as we helped our daughter study her verses for school we came across this well known verse: Mat 18:19  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
This verse stuck in my mind and I was repeating it over and over in my thoughts. As I was thinking on this a few things stood out:
·         Only two is needed to agree
·         They may agree about anything
·         It shall be done for them
The word agree is made up of two words – together and voice (in fact this is where our word symphony comes from). This made me think that the agreement can’t be made in silence, but must be voiced out loud. Sometimes we think in our heart that we agree, but we don’t say it out loud. To agree about something in this case can’t be a silent agreement and then on the other hand it can’t be an agreement by voice only. The agreement must come from the heart and then it must be “sounded together”.
Whatever you need to agree upon do it out of conviction (see what the Bible say) and the say it out loud.

Leave a comment on your thoughts about agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment