Friday

God has spoken!

God has spoken one thing,
I have heard two things: 1. that you, God, are strong,
                                    2. and that you, O Lord, are loving.
(You can read this as a prayer to God) 
My thoughts will calm down in the presence of God alone, because my hope comes from Him.
He alone is the one constant factor in my life.
I will trust in Him, at all times,
I will pour out my heart to Him, for I know I can trust Him.
Trust not in oppression, or take pride in stolen goods: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them

O God, you are my God! I long for you.
It is like being thirsty for water – or longing for sleep when I am tired – ONLY it is more intense!
I have seen your power and your splendour.

You know, Lord, your love is better than life.
When I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning I will think of you –
That you are strong,
And that you are loving!


(paraphrased Ps 62: 11,5,6,8,10 and Ps 63:1,2,3,6)

No comments:

Post a Comment