Friday

Camp or Climb?


 
I was reading in Psalms, "many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." This made me want to jump with joy and shout!
 
Yes, many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God is the one who can bring freedom and deliverance. The question is do you dwell on these afflictions, do you dwell on the difficulties and mistakes and hurts of the past?

You now, you can count whatever gain you had, loss for the sake of Christ. Because, knowing Him is worth far more. Dwelling on His word, brings renewal of your thoughts.

Your righteousness (the way God sees you)comes through faith in Christ. You can either choose to forget what lies behind you and do your best to reach what is ahead, or you may cling to the miserable things of the past as it is an old childhood friend. Clinging to the past makes us miserable.
 
Living in the power of His resurrection - Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

Psalm 34:19 , Php 3:7-18

No comments:

Post a Comment