Thursday

The Bread Machine

Some time ago I received a bread machine as a gift. I never had one before , and in order to use the gift I need to study the manuel to see how it works. I still haven't done it, so - no smell of fresh bread in my house yet!
This made me think of the gifts we received from God. Sometimes we haven't study the manuel to see and understand how it works and until we have done so, that gift will stand there - unused.

I'm thinking of the gift of righteousness - explained by Paul in Romans. Until we read and study the book of Romans, our understanding of righteousness will be limited. Let me tell you something of Romans just to wet your appetite!

Romans are sometimes called the king of Paul's letters, because of the explanation of Christ's work and the implications for us. You can say Romans is an explanation of the gospel. Romans contain both the explanation of righteousness and the practical application of Righteousness. How righteousness can be applied in your personal life, community life and civil society.

The essence of the book of Romans is in chapter 5:1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I want to encourage you to resolve to read through the book of Romans in the next sixteen days and gain a better understanding of how your gift of righteousness works. If you skip a day - no worry, just carry on reading the next day.

Don't left the gift unused, because you don't understand how it works!

2 comments:

  1. I really needed this this morning. I was listening to a song this morning as I was driving back home after dropping off my husband at work which stated - "Jesus, let me see how I can be worthy of someone dying for me..." and I realised in that moment that I feel exactly like that - unworthy of anyone dying on living for me - let alone loving me. And then it dawned on me! This is not 'someone' dying for me, but SOMEONE - THE ONE - The Saviour - The Son of God! The resurrected embodiment of God's love for mankind! And I should stop allowing the enemy to drag my thought life though the mud and murky pits of self pity! Now your blog has put my mind on course further to realising that there is a greater purpose - even a gift that might be lying dormant, waiting to be used to God's glory - if only I stop allowing the devil to blind me from my real purpose in life. Thank you and God bless you! God is truly great and He takes care of small details even in the lives of those who feel they have nothing worthy to give. The gift IS there somewhere...He is faithful - although I may not always be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! God will be faithful no matter what. Remember He is your biggest gift. We love and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete