Tuesday

How can I repay God?


In most countries when somebody invites you to dinner, you give them a token of appreciation in return, whatever it may be. I always wonder  what I will  give my hostess to thank her. Maybe flowers or a thank you card. The traditional way is to give flowers... even if we don't say it, we want to repay them for their kindness.

The author of Psalm 116 also asks this difficult question :"How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me."

  • Have you ever felt that you want to do something for God, but didn't know what?

  • What a question to ask! How can we ever repay God if our best works are like dirty rags to Him.

Without wavering the psalm writer knows what to do to repay the Lord. He instantly gives the answer: "I will celebrate my deliverance and call on the name of the Lord." Some of the other translations say that he will lift his cup in the presence of the Lord!

According to this psalm writer we can repay God for his goodness by celebrating our salvation. So thank God and celebrate your salvation in His presence.


Question: What will you do to celebrate your salvation in God's presence?


Psalm 116:12,13

No comments:

Post a Comment