Saturday

How to pray powerful prayers

 What is a powerful prayer?

I was texting a friend, asking how they are doing. The friend said they are doing fine. Someone sent them a voice vote with a powerful prayer. Happy that my friend was okay, I wondered what makes prayer powerful.

I want to pray powerful prayers. 

I'm thinking about what makes for powerful prayer? Maybe praying loudly with passion? Or quoting Bible verses? Maybe only preachers can pray powerful prayers.

Well, I decided to search for an answer in God's manual. The Bible. There must be a lot of powerful prayers in there. I mean even Jesus' prayers were recorded in the Bible. 

To my frustration, I could not find one instance where somebody's prayer is described as powerful.

The interesting thing was that in James there was a reference to powerful prayer - the prayer of a righteous person is powerful!

That's just it, if you want to pray powerful prayers, you must be righteous.

And how do you become righteous (in right standing with God)? You accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord, and your prayers will be powerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment