Friday

There's more to prayer!


Christ died for us - he paid the price for our sins and bought our righteousness.
We can add nothing to it, in the echo of His words on the cross: IT IS FINISHED!
But that's not all!
Christ is alive and praying for us.
He is praying for me - I bring my insufficient human prayers to God, and I ask that He would intercede for me. And that's exactly what He does!
Who will condemn them? Christ has died, and more importantly, he was brought back to life. Christ has the highest position in heaven. Christ also intercedes for us.

But there's more!
God then looks at Christ's prayer life and answer according to Christ's prayers - not my own insufficient prayers. So I can expect more than I asked or prayed for!
Prayer is not about me - Christ in me the hope of glory!
But there's more!
And then it affects me - Christ's prayer life is part of me and He prays in me - this is the prayer of the Holy Spirit in me. I bring my insufficient human prayers to God and the Holy Spirit prays with me, the way God wants Him to pray!
And only then is effective unceasing prayer possible.
God's word says:
At the same time the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we don't know how to pray for what we need. But the Spirit intercedes along with our groans that cannot be expressed in words. (Rom 8:26) 

That is why he is always able to save those who come to God through him. He can do this because he always lives and intercedes for them. Heb 7:25 

The one who searches our hearts knows what the Spirit has in mind. The Spirit intercedes for God's people the way God wants him to. Rom 8:27 

Who will condemn them? Christ has died, and more importantly, he was brought back to life. Christ has the highest position in heaven. Christ also intercedes for us. Rom 8:34

 

Rom 8:34;  Rom 8:26 ; Heb 7:25  ; Rom 8:27 
www.intune.org.za

No comments:

Post a Comment