Thursday

How do I humble myself before God?


Humble pie   #FlattenTheCurve

Definition of humble pie. : a figurative serving of humiliation usually in the form of a forced submission, apology, or retraction —often used in the phrase eat humble pie. Mirriam-Webster.com

James is a very straightforward practical book. The proverbs of the New Testament - focused on doing. Although doing and living in a manner worthy of our calling as God’s own is important, our living is not for show. It involves people, but it is not for the people.

In Chapter   4:7 he calls us to humble ourselves before God. We sometimes confuse this by trying to live humble before people. That’s just it. People don’t see the heart, but God does. Before people you can pretend...but before the all-knowing God it is impossible to pretend.

It may even be easy to be humble before God, for there is no holding up of appearances. We stand spiritually and emotionally naked before Him. He knows how many hairs are on your head, let alone what’s in your heart and mind.

That’s why you can just sit at His feet. Speak to Him about your flaws, your concerns, your heartache and your dreams, without trying to impress Him – for He already knows, but longs for you to trust Him.


Prayer: Father, today I open my heart before you without pretending that I have everything together – because I don’t. I need you comfort, your love and your intervention in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment